Banana Stuffed Crepes
Views : 75586
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the filling
- Banana (plantain) – 2 (cut to thin slices)
- Egg – 2
- Sugar – ¼ cup (more or less according to taste)
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp
- Golden raisins – 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Oil – for deep frying the banana
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the sliced banana till golden brown. Remove from oil, cut to small pieces and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, combine together egg and 1 tbsp sugar. Heat 1 tbsp clarified butter/ ghee in a pan, add cashews and fry till golden over low flame. To this add golden raisins and fry for few seconds. Add the egg mixture to this and scramble well.
- Add the fried banana pieces, remaining sugar, grated coconut and cardamom powder and combine evenly. Cook it over low flame for about 5 minutes. Remove from flame. Filling is ready.
- Take a crepe, add little of the prepared banana filling at the center and cover it to make a square box, sealing the sides with little crepe batter. Repeat the process with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add little clarified butter and toast the prepared crepe squares in batches with the sealed sides at the bottom. Turn the sides and cook the other side till done. Serve hot.
For the crepes
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Milk – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Combine all the above ingredients in a deep bowl and make a smooth batter.
- Heat a pan and pour little batter to it and spread evenly. When a bit dry. Turn the crepes and cook for few seconds. Remove from flame. Makes about 7 – 8 crepes.
Note : Makes about 7 - 8. This is a perfect snack for Iftar.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's