Saffron Pistachio Cookies
Views : 75408
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Saffron - a big pinch (soaked in 2 tbsp hot milk)
- Unsalted butter – 50 gram (at room temperature)
- Clarified butter/ ghee – ¼ cup
- Sugar (crushed in a grinder) – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- All purpose flour/ maida – 1 ½ cup
- Pistachios – ½ cup (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, combine together butter and clarified butter/ ghee. To this add sugar and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron with milk to it and combine well.
- To this add all purpose flour and combine just till the dough comes together. Add half of the pistachios and combine.
- Divide the dough to 3 – 4 portions, roll it one by one till you get thickness of a cookie, add the chopped pistachios over it and press lightly.
- Cut it with a cookie cutter and move it to the lined cookie sheet. Bake it in the oven for about 15 – 18 minutes or till the base of the cookies turn golden over the lower rack. Move the cookies to a wire rack and cool it completely. Store in an air tight container and serve.
Note : Makes about 20 – 25 cookies.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's