Creamy Chicken Curry
Views : 82798
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut to pieces)
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Onion – 4, sliced
- Crushed ginger garlic – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Mint leaves – 10 – 12
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp (soaked and ground to paste with 2 tbsp milk)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with black pepper powder and salt for about 20 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add sliced onion and little salt and saute till soft. Add crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- To this add tomato and mint leaves and cook till soft. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute till oil appears on top. Remove from flame, let it cool for 10 minutes and grind it to a fine paste without adding water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan (use the same pan used for sauting onion), add the marinated chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground onion masala paste to this, combine evenly and bring to boil. Reduce the flame, add ¾ cup of water and cook till the chicken is done. Add the ground cashew paste, combine and remove from flame. Serve hot with paratha or ghee rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's