Gobi Matar Masala/ Cauliflower Green Peas Masala
Views : 76024
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cauliflower – 2 ½ cup (cut to florets)
- Green peas (frozen) – 1 ½ cup
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Ginger – a small piece, chopped
- Garlic – 3 big cloves, chopped
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 2, thinly sliced
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Ginger garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Cashew – 3 tbsp (soaked in water and grind to fine paste adding 3 tbsp milk)
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Grind together chopped tomato and chopped ginger, garlic to a smooth paste. Keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and bay leaf and let it splutter. Add sliced onion and salt and saute till soft. Add chopped green chili and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- To this add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and saute till oil appears on top. Add the ground tomato and 1 ½ cup water bring to boil over high flame.
- Reduce the flame, add cauliflower florets and green peas and cook covered till done. Add kasoori methi and cashew paste, combine well and remove from flame. Serve hot with roti or butter naan.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's