Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll
Views : 76218
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the cake
- All purpose flour - ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp + extra for dusting the cake
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Egg – 3
- Powdered sugar - ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence - ¼ tsp
- Instant coffee powder – ½ tsp
- Boiling water - 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease and line a swiss roll tin (rectangle shaped pan) with parchment paper and keep it ready. Sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a deep bowl, beat together egg, powdered sugar and vanilla essence with an electric beater over high speed for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Fold in the sifted all purpose flour mixture to this slowly. Add 2 tbsp boiling water mixed with coffee powder to it and slowly combine. Pour this batter to the lined swiss roll pan and spreads it evenly. Bake it for about 10 - 12 minutes or till done (check by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Place a damp towel over the work space, dust it with little cocoa powder. Move the baked cake upside down to the dusted towel. Peel the parchment, used while baking, from the cake and then roll the cake along with the dusted towel. Leave it to cool for about 20 minutes.
For the chocolate filling and frosting
- Cooking chocolate – 100 gram (chopped)
- Whipping cream – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – ½ tsp
- Strawberries – ¼ cup + extra for garnishing (sliced)
- Microwave the chopped cooking chocolate, whipping cream and butter in a bowl for till it starts to bubble, for about 45 seconds to 1 minutes. Remove from the oven and combine slowly till the chocolate melts completely. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Unroll the cake slowly. Spread ¾th of the chocolate filling to the cake, top it with half of the sliced strawberries and roll it slowly. Top the swiss roll with remaining chocolate ganache and sliced strawberries. Cool for about an hour. Slice it and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's