Chocolate Caramel Tart
Views : 76211
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the base
- Biscuits – 250 gram (Use good day cashew or any other of your choice)
- Butter (unsalted) – 150 gram (melted)
- Grind the biscuits to a fine powder in a food processor. To this add the melted butter and combine well. Put this mixture to a greases tart pan and spread evenly including the sides of the tart pan. Press the biscuit mixture lightly with the fingers (so that it will set neatly). Leave it to cool for about half an hour.
For the caramel filling
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 50 gram
- Fresh cream / thick cream – ¼ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Heat sugar and water in a pan on medium heat stirring constantly. Let it melt completely and turn golden brown
- Remove from flame and immediately add butter stirring continuously. Combine well. Slowly add the cream to it and mix well. Add a pinch of salt and combine well.
- Bring it back to heat and allow the mixture to boil for a minute stirring continuously. Remove from flame. Pour this caramel sauce over the prepared biscuit base and spread by tilting the tart pan. Leave it to cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
For the chocolate filling
- Milk chocolate – ¾ cup (use galaxy chocolate/dairy milk)
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – ¾ cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – to garnish
- Microwave the cream in a bowl for a minute or so (till the cream starts to bubble). Remove from the oven and add chocolate pieces and butter and stir slowly till the chocolate and butter melts completely.
- Pour this over the caramel layer and spread evenly. Garnish with chocolate chips and cool it to set, for about 3 – 4 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's