Views : 82758
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Orange blossom water – 1 tsp
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Boil together water and sugar, reduce the flame and add lemon juice and heat it for another 5 – 6 minutes over low flame. Add orange blossom water to this and remove from flame. Keep it aside.
- Semolina/ rava – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 75 gram (at room temperature)
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Oil – ½ cup
- Almonds – ¼ cup (blanched and halved)
- Grease a round baking tin with butter and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, combine together semolina, sugar, desiccated coconut, all purpose flour and baking powder and combine well.
- To this add butter, yogurt and oil and combine evenly. Pour this batter to the greased cake tin and spread evenly. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Line it with a sharp knife to get diamond shape. Place the almond halves at the center of each piece and press very lightly.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree and bake it for about 45 – 50 minutes or the top turn golden brown. Remove from the oven. Line it with a sharp knife again.
- Heat the sugar syrup for 2 – 3 minutes (if it is cooled) and pour it over the baked basbousa. Let it sit till the sugar syrup is completely absorbed. Serve cooled the next day.
Note : If you cannot find orange blossom water, add 1 tsp rose water instead of ½ tsp.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's