Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Views : 76725
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Pineapple slices – 7
- Butter (unsalted) – 150 gram + 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Egg – 3
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Pineapple juice – ¼ cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Cherries – 7
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree. Grease a round cake tin with 2 tbsp butter, sprinkle 2 tbsp sugar all over it, place the pineapple slices and cherries in the cake tin and keep it ready.
- In a bowl, combine together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine well.
- In another deep bowl, beat together 150 gram butter and sugar till creamy. To this add vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add eggs one by one to this and beat till well combined and creamy. Add the flour mixture little by little and fold it in the beaten egg mixture. Add pineapple juice and milk to this and combine.
- Pour this cake batter to the prepared cake tin over the pineapple slices and spread evenly. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 – 45 minutes or till done (check by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Turn the cake upside down and cool it completely. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's