Rava Kesari/ Semolina Kesari Sweet
Views : 82756
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Semolina/ rava – ½ cup
- Water – 2 ½ cup
- Saffron – a pinch (optional)
- Orange or yellow food colour – few drops
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 3 ½ tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Nuts – to garnish
- Grease a pan or plate with clarified butter and keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tsp clarified butter/ ghee in a non stick pan, add the semolina/ rava in it and roast it for about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove it to a bowl and keep it ready.
- In the same pan, add water, saffron and orange food colour and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and add the roasted semolina to this stirring continuously, not to form lumps. Cook this for another 4 – 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- When little thick, and the semolina is cooked, add 2 tsp clarified butter and sugar and combine well. Cook for another 3 - 4 minutes till thick. Add cardamom powder and remaining ghee and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan without sticking.
- Pour this mixture to the greased pan/ plate and garnish with chopped nuts. Leave it to set for half an hour. Cut it to desired shape and serve warm or cold.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's