Orange Caramel Pudding
Views : 76172
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Sugar – 3 tbsp (for caramelizing)
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Orange juice (freshly squeezed) – ½ cup
- Orange zest – 1 ½ tsp
- Egg – 3
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Condensed milk – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Clarified butter/ ghee – ½ tsp (to grease the pan)
- Heat a steamer with enough water in it and keep it ready. Grease a round pan with ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp water in a non - stick pan and cook over low flame till it is golden brown. Pour this to the greased pan and spread evenly. Keep it aside.
- Blend together orange juice, orange zest, egg and sugar till well combined. To this add milk, condensed milk and vanilla essence and blend. Pour this mixture to the round pan over the caramel. Cover it with aluminum foil and move it to the hot steamer.
- Steam it covered for about 40 – 45 minutes. Check if it is done by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the pudding, if it comes out clean, it is done. Take the pudding pan out of the steamer and leave it to cool. To remove the pudding from the pan, run a knife around the pudding and slowly invert it to a serving plate. Cool it for an hour. Serve garnished with orange zest and strawberries.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's