Strawberry Chocolate Cake Dessert
Views : 75956
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chocolate cake
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease and dust a square shaped cake tin and keep it ready.
- Sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and keep it ready.
- In another bowl, add sugar, water, lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix till well combined. To this add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to this little by little and combine well. Pour this to the prepared cake tin and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes or till a wooden skewer or tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and cool it for about 20 – 25 minutes. Move the cake slowly to a wire rack and cool it completely at room temperature.
- Cut the cake to 3 layers and keep it ready.
For the chocolate and strawberry filling
- Cooking chocolate – ¾ cup (finely chopped)
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – ½ cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 1 tsp
- Strawberries (sliced) – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Sugar syrup – prepared boiling ½ cup sugar and 1./4 cup water (cooled to room temperature)
- Heat the thick cream in the oven for about 30 – 45 seconds, till it starts bubbling. Remove it from the oven and pour it over the chopped cooking chocolate. Add butter to this and slowly combine till the chocolate melts completely. Let it cool for about 5 minutes at room temperature. Pour it to an icing bag and keep it ready.
- Combine together sliced strawberries and sugar in a bowl and keep it ready
For the buttercream filling
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup (at room temperature)
- Icing sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
- Hot water - 1 tbsp
- Beat together softened butter and icing sugar in a deep bowl till creamy.
- Add vanilla essence to this and combine well. Now add hot water and beat for another 2 - 3 minutes. Move this to an icing bag with any icing tip (to get the decorated effect) and keep it ready.
- Place one layer of cake on a cake board (or a plate), sprinkle little sugar syrup, top it with a layer of prepared chocolate filling, and spread half of the strawberries. Top it with a layer of buttercream frosting filled in the icing bag.
- Place another layer of chocolate cake and repeat the same process. Top it with another layer of cake and cover it with remaining chocolate filling. Top it with strawberry and cool it in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's