Mini Strawberry And Chocolate Party Cake
Views : 82789
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chocolate cake
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease and dust a square or circle cake tin and keep it ready.
- Sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and keep it ready.
- In another bowl, add sugar, water, lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix till well combined. To this add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to this little by little and combine well. Pour this to the prepared cake tin and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes or till a wooden skewer or tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and cool it for about 20 – 25 minutes. Move the cake slowly to a wire rack and cool it completely at room temperature.
- With the help of a circular cookie cutter, cut as many circles as possible from the cake. Now take each cake circle and cut it horizontally to make two halves. Keep t ready.
- Cooking chocolate – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – 1/3 cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tsp (mixed in ½ cup of hot water)
- Strawberry – 5 - 6 (cut to two halves)
- Heat the thick cream in the oven for about 30 – 45 seconds, till it starts bubbling. Remove it from the oven and pour it over the chopped cooking chocolate. Add butter to this and slowly combine till the chocolate melts completely. Let it cool for about 5 minutes at room temperature. Pour it to an icing bag and cut the tip.
- Take one cake circle, brush it with little coffee mixture and make a layer of chocolate ganache. Place the other half of cake over that and again top it with a thick layer of chocolate ganache. Place a strawberry half over the cake.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cake circles and leave it to cool for about an hour or two. Serve.
Note : Makes about 9 - 10 (or more) depending on the size of the cookie cutter.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's