Prawn Biryani / Shrimp Biryani
Views : 77451
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the rice
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 2, finely sliced
- Cashew – ¼ cup
- Raisin – ¼ cup
- Basmati Rice – 3 cup
- Boiling water – 4 ½ cup
- Saffron – a pinch (soak it in 1 tbsp hot milk)
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and clean the basmati rice. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a separate deep pan. When the oil in little hot, add the sliced onion and fry on low flame till golden brown. Move it from the oil to a kitchen towel. Add the cashew nuts to the same oil and fry till golden. Remove it and then add the raisins to the oil, saute for few seconds and remove it from the oil. Keep it aside.
- To the same oil add rice and fry this lightly for about 5 minutes in low flame. Add enough salt to this and mix well. Add the boiling water to this and mix well and cook covered on low flame stirring occasionally. At last add the saffron soaked in milk and combine well. Remove it from the flame when it is cooked.
For the prawn masala
- Big prawns (cleaned) – 500 gram
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt –to taste
- Oil – 2 - 3 tbsp (for frying)
- Take the cleaned prawns in a bowl and drain excess water. Marinate it with above ingredients. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns just till cooked. Keep it aside.
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Onion - 5, big (sliced)
- Ginger - 2 pieces
- Garlic – 10 – 12 big cloves
- Green Chilly – 8 (according to taste)
- Yoghurt (curd) – ¼ cup
- Tomato – 2, big
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp + 1 tsp for layering
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp for layering
- Salt – To taste
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Add sliced onion and sauté till soft. Add little salt and combine well.
- In the mean time grind together ginger, garlic and green chili with yogurt. Add this to the onion and saute till the raw smell disappears. Add the chopped tomato to this and cook till soft.
- To this add red chili powder, turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add the fried prawns and the remaining oil, in which the prawns are fried, to this and mix evenly. Now add garam masala powder, lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well. Cook for another 4 – 5 minutes and remove from flame.
- Take a wide pan, make a thin layer of rice in it, sprinkle little garam masala powder, little fried onion, cashew and raisins and also little coriander leaves over it. Then make a layer of prepared prawns masala.
- Again make a layer of rice over it and repeat the process. The last layer should be rice and then sprinkle the garam masala powder, and also the remaining fried onion, cashew, raisins and coriander leaves.
- Cover it and heat it for about 15 – 20 minutes on very low flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's