Rich Chocolate Ganache Cake
Views : 76220
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the cake
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Baking powder – ¾ tsp
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Butter milk – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Boiling water – ½ cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease a cake pan with butter and dust it with all purpose flour and keep it ready.
- Mix together all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a deep bowl till well combined. To this add vegetable oil, butter milk, egg and vanilla essence and mix on medium speed till well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between.
- Stir in the instant coffee powder to the boiling water and mix well. Add this mixture to the prepared batter and beat on low speed till well combined.
- Pour this cake batter to the greased – dusted cake pan and bake it in the preheated oven for about 35 – 40 minutes (or till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake come out clean.
- Let it cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes before removing the cake from the cake pan. Slowly remove the cake from the cake pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
For the sugar syrup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Combine sugar with water and bring to boil. Remove from flame and let it cool. Keep it aside.
For the chocolate ganache
- Cooking chocolate – 1 ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Thick cream/ fresh cream – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 tsp
- Light corn syrup – 1 ½ tsp (optional, for shining chocolate ganache)
- Microwave the cream in a deep bowl or double boil it till it just starts to bubble. Remove it from the microwave and add the finely chopped chocolate and butter to it and slowly combine till the chocolate melts completely.
- Add the light corn syrup and combine evenly (if using). Keep it aside for about 5 minutes and bring to room temperature.
Ingredients to garnish
- Grated white chocolate
- Chocolate curls
- Raspberry or strawberry
- Powdered sugar – a pinch
- Place the prepared chocolate cake over a wire rack. Place a pan below the wire rack to collect the excess chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle the sugar syrup all over. Now pour the prepared chocolate ganache over the cake and slowly spread evenly. Also cover the sides of the cake with ganache.
- Garnish the cake on top with chocolate curls and raspberries and sides with grated white chocolate. Dust the raspberries with powdered sugar. Cool it for about 2 – 3 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's