Spinach Paratha/Palak Paratha
Views : 82747
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Spinach leaves / palak leaves – 1 ½ cup (cleaned and chopped)
- Red chili powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Warm water – as required to make a smooth dough
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. And splutter the cumin seeds. Add the chopped spinach leaves to this and saute for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Take the wheat flour in a deep bowl, add the sauted spinach leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and combine well. Combine salt with warm water, add it to the flour mixture little by little and knead it to smooth dough. Make 9 – 10 balls out of the dough.
- Heat a pan, dust the dough ball with flour and roll it. Grease the hot pan with little oil and cook the paratha turning the sides occasionally till done. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 9 – 10 parathas depending on the size.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's