Chocolate Swirl Cookie Ice Cream
Views : 75533
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cookies (crushed) - ¾ cup (do not make fine powder)
- Butter (salted or unsalted) - 4 tbsp
- Cooking chocolate (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – ¼ cup
- Whipping cream (chilled) – 2 cup
- Condensed milk - 300 ml
- Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Milk powder – 3 tbsp (mix it with one tbsp milk)
- Add melted butter to the crushed cookies and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, take fresh cream and microwave it for about 45 seconds to one minute, (till it starts bubbling). Add this to the chopped cooking chocolate and slowly combine till the chocolate melts completely. Keep it aside.
- In a chilled bowl, take the whipping cream and whip well. When it starts forming soft peaks, add condensed milk, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and milk powder mixed with milk and whip slowly. Now increase the speed of the beater and whip till soft peaks are formed.
- Sprinkle the buttered crushed cookies little by little to the whipped cream and slowly combine.
- Take another bowl, add little of this whipped cream, then drizzle the chocolate here and there. Again make a thin layer of whipped cream, again drizzle the chocolate. Repeat the process and at the end top it with the remaining chocolate and make swirls with a toothpick.
- Freeze it for about 6 – 8 hours. Serve garnished with cookie crumbs and chocolate ganache.
Note : Any cookies can be used other than chocolate cookies.
Chill the blades of the beater and the bowl in which cream has to be whipped for about 2 hours for best results while whipping cream.
Place a bowl of ice cubes below the cream bowl while whipping cream to get the cream whipped easily.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's