Views : 76497
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For The Sponge Cake
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour - 1 ¾ cup (sifted)
- Milk – 1 ½ tbsp
- Grease a square cake tin and line it with parchment paper. Keep it ready.
- Whisk together sugar and yogurt till well combined. To this add baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Keep this aside for about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and essence to this and combine well. Add the sifted all purpose flour little by little and combine well. Pour this mixture to the cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake it for about 30 minutes. Take the cake tin out of the oven and brush it with milk. Again bake it for about 5 – 10 minutes at 180 degree (till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean). Take it out of the oven and cool it at room temperature for about 25 minutes. Remove the cake carefully from the cake tin and cool it completely at room temperature.
For The Filling And Icing
- Whipping cream - 1 ½ cup
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Pineapple essence – 3/4 tsp
- Pineapple – ½ cup (cut to very small pieces)
- Pineapple and cherries – for garnishing
- Take the whipping cream in a chilled bowl and whip well. Just before soft peaks are formed, add powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence and whip till soft peaks are formed. Cool it in the refrigerator covered.
- Bring to boil sugar, water, chopped pineapple and pineapple essence. Remove it from flame and cool it completely. Move the pineapple pieces from the sugar syrup to another bowl.
- Cut the sponge cake to two halves, sprinkle little sugar syrup all over. Spread little prepared whipping cream all over. Top it with the pineapple pieces. Place the other half of the cake over this. Again sprinkle the sugar syrup all over.
- Top it with the remaining whipping cream. Cut it to 8 pieces and garnish with pineapple and cherries. Serve cooled.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's