Views : 75670
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Masoor daal (red lentil) - ½ cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Cumin seed - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Crushed ginger - garlic - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Green chili - 3, chopped
- Fresh methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) - 1 ½ cup, chopped
- Tomato - 1, chopped
- Red chili pwd - ½ - ¾ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Wash the masoor daal and cook it in the pressure cooker adding 1 ½ cup of water for 2 - 3 whistles (till done). Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it splutter. To this add crushed ginger - garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add chopped onion and green chilies and saute till the onion changes the colour. Add chopped methi leaves and saute for about 2 - 3 minutes. To this add chopped tomato and cook till soft.
- Add red chili pwd, turmeric pwd and salt and saute till the raw smell disappears. Add the cooked daal to this and mix well. Add ½ cup of water to this and let it boil. Remove from flame and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's