Views : 82774
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk powder-1 cup
- Egg-1 (large)
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Melted butter-1 tbsp
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Almonds and Pistachios – 2 – 3 tbsp, for topping
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- To this add the butter and egg and make a soft dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry these balls in medium hot oil (the oil should not be too hot. If u add the balls in too hot oil, it will be browned quickly and you will get it uncooked inside). Make sure that these balls are fried evenly by turning the sides on and on. Add the fried balls to the prepared sugar syrup and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. Serve hot or cooled topped with almonds and pistachios.
For sugar syrup
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Water- 2 ¼ cup
- Cardamom pwd - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Make sugar syrup with the above ingredients simmering when it starts to boil.
Note : make the syrup and keep it ready on low flame before preparing the gulab jamun dough. Add the fried jamuns immediately to the hot sugar syrup and cook for 5 minutes.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's