Channa Daal Halwa
Views : 75689
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Channa daal - 1 cup (soak it in water for 2 - 3 hours and pressure cook it for 2 - 3 whistles)
- Vegetable ghee - ¾ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Milk - 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Food color - a pinch
- Almonds and pistachios - to garnish
- Grind the cooked daal with ¾ cup of milk.
- Heat ½ cup vegetable ghee in a pan, add the ground daal and cook for about 10 minutes on low flame, stirring continuously. To this add sugar and mix till well combined and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes on low flame stirring all d time).
- Add ¼ cup of milk mixed with food color and again cook till the milk is completely absorbed. Repeat the process adding the remaining milk stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining vegetable ghee and cardamom powder to it and combine well. Cook till you get the correct consistency (it will leave the sides of the pan). Pour the mixture to a greased pan and cool it. Cut it to desired shapes and garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's