Views : 75673
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Dosa rice / raw rice - 1 cup
- Urad daal - ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds (methi seed) - ¾ tsp
- Egg - about 7 (1 egg for each dosa)
- Red chili powder - for sprinkling over each dosa
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - for spreading over the dosa
- Wash and soak dosa rice and urad daal + fenugreek seeds separately for about 5 - 6 hours. Grind both separately adding enough water (for grinding urad daal + methi seed, add the water in which it is soaked).
- Mix both the batters together and keep it covered overnight for fermenting.
- Add enough water if required (the batter should not be too thick nor too runny) and enough salt and mix well.
- Heat a big pan (tawa), when the pan is hot, reduce the flame and rub the pan with a cloth or tissue paper (if the pan is too hot, you will not be able to spread the batter neatly). Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter in the middle of the pan and spread it slowly with the ladle in a circular manner till thin dosa is formed. Spoon some ghee (clarified butter) over it and increase the flame
- When the sides of the dosa starts changing the colour to golden, reduce the flame, break an egg over the dosa and spread it all over with a spoon. Sprinkle little red chili powder and salt over it. Turn it to the other side and cook for few seconds. Again turn the egg dosa, fold it to half and move it to a serving plate. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutnet.
Note : makes about 7 big ghee roast dosas with this recipe. If you are using a small pan, take less batter accordingly for making dosa, else it will not be crisp.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's