Al Faham Chicken Without Oven
Views : 3666
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken – 1 kg (Big pieces or whole leg)
- Yogurt – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Olive oil/ vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Make cuts on the chicken pieces. In a deep bowl, combine together yogurt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil and salt. Marinate the chicken in this mixture and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Clove – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Cardamom – 3
- Dried Red Chili – 5
- Onion – 1 medium size (Chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (Chopped)
- Green Chilies – 3 (Chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil/ vegetable oil - 2 tbsp (for frying)
- Salt – to taste
- Dry roast the ingredients from 1 – 7 for about 2 minutes, till nice smell appear.
- Move this to a grinder along with the ingredients from 8 – 13 and grind to a fine paste. Marinate the chicken with this ground mixture and refrigerate for about 3 – 4 hours (keep it overnight for best results).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chicken over low flame till the chicken is cooked completely, turning the sides occasionally.
- Once the chicken is done, place a small steel bowl at the center of the pan of chicken, keep a burning charcoal and pour 1 or 2 tsp oil over the charcoal. It will start producing smoke. Cover the chicken with a lid immediately for 2 minutes so that the chicken will get infused with the smoky flavor. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and serve hot.
Note : Instead of burning charcoal, small piece of wood or coconut shell can be used.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's