Creamy Fish Molly
Views : 2251
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- King fish – 750 gram
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp + 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Whole black pepper corns – ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 3, sliced
- Green chili – 4, sliced
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Coconut grated – 1 ½ cup (grind with enough water and extract the thick milk, add more water and extract thin milk too)
- Cashew nut paste – with 15 cashews (soak the cashew for an hour and grind to a fine paste adding ¼ cup milk)
- Curry leaves – 10 – 12 leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp + more for frying the fish
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the cleaned fish with 1 tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder and salt. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry it for about 5 - 6 minutes turning the sides. Keep it aside.
- Heat another pan, add little oil and add cardamom, cloves, whole black pepper and fennel seeds to it and let it splutter. Add sliced onion and little salt and saute till soft.
- Add chopped green chili and crushed ginger garlic to this and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft. Add 1tsp black pepper powder 1 ½ tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder and lemon juice and saute till oil appears on top.
- Add the extracted thin coconut milk and bring to boil. Add the curry leaves and fried fish along with the remaining oil and cook over low flame for about 8 – 10 minutes. Add cashew nut paste and thick coconut milk and combine well. Cook for another 2 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot with rice or roti.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's