Malaidar Methi Chicken/ Malaidar Methi Murgh
Views : 89640
- 1 Cup = 200ml
Spices to grind
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Grind all the above ingredients to a fine powder.
To make the gravy
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp + ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh methi leaves – 3 cup
- Onion – 4, sliced (boil it adding little water and discard the water)
- Green chili – 4
- Ginger – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic – 5 cloves,
- Water – ½ cup
- Cashew nut paste – with ¼ cup cashew, (soak the cahews in hot water for about an hour and grind to a smooth paste adding ¼ cup of milk)
- Milk – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp black pepper and little salt. Keep it ready.
- Grind together boiled onion, green chili, ginger and garlic to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the chopped methi leaves and saute for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add clarified butter/ ghee. When hot, add the marinated chicken and fry for about 4 – 5 minutes over high flame. To this add ground onion paste and combine evenly. Cook for another 5 – 6 minutes over low flame.
- Add ground spice powder along with ½ tsp coriander powder and salt. Saute till oil appears on top, for a minute or 2. Add cooked methi leaves and ½ cup water and cook over low flame till chicken is done.
- Add cashew paste, milk, fresh cream and kasoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves, combine and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from flame and serve hot with naan or roti.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's