Crispy Squid Rings
Views : 788
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Squid, cut to rings – 25 – 30 pieces
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp + ½ tsp
- Paprika powder – ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Panko bread crumbs – 1 – 1 ½ cup
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt – to taste
- Take 3 bowls. In the first bowl, combine together all purpose flour, 1 tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder and little salt.
- In the second bowl, combine together egg, milk and a pinch of salt.
- In the third bowl, combine together panko bread crumbs and ½ tsp black pepper powder and ½ tsp paprika powder.
- Take the squid rings one by one, first coat it with the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg mixture and coat it well with the bread crumbs. Repeat the process with the remaining squid rings.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame, add the prepared squid rings in batches and fry till golden and crisp. Move to a kitchen towel and remove excess oil. Serve immediately with ketchup, mayonnaise or your favorite dip.
Note : Panko bread crumbs gives the squids rings that extra crunch. If not available, regular bread crumbs can be used.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's