Pepper Prawn Roast
Views : 1969
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Prawns (cleaned) – 250 gram
- Whole black pepper - 1 tsp + ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Dried red chili – 2
- Onion – 2, chopped
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Ginger garlic – 2 tbsp, crushed
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 - 12
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3tbsp
- Heat a pan and dry roast 1 tsp whole black pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and dried red chili. Grind it to a fine powder and keep it ready.
- Heat oil another pan, add ½ tsp whole black pepper. To this add chopped onion and little salt and saute till soft. To this add chopped green chili and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft and mushy.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and the ground spice powder (from step 1). Combine well and cook till oil appears on top.
- Add prawns to this, combine well and cook covered for about 6 – 8 minutes over low flame. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves to this, combine and remove from flame. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Note : This is a spicy dish. So regulate the spiciness according to your taste.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's