Cheese Stuffed Chicken Bun
Views : 82796
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the dough
- All purpose flour – 2 ½ cup
- Milk powder – 4 tbsp
- Yeast – 1 ¾ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Warm milk – ½ cup (little more or less to make a smooth and soft dough)
- Salt – 1 ¼ tsp
- In a deep bowl, take all purpose flour, milk powder, yeast, sugar and salt and combine well.
- To this add egg, melted butter and oil and combine. Slowly add warm milk little by little and knead really well to make a smooth and very soft dough (for about 7 – 8 minutes). Keep it aside covered for about 1 – 1 ½ hour.
For the filling and assembling
- Boneless chicken – 250 gram (cut to very small bite size pieces).
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp + ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 big, diced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped finely and crushed
- Capsicum – 1, diced
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp
- Oregano – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) – 1 ½ cup
- Egg – 1 (for brushing on top)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 2 tsp red chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt. Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces just till done. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan.
- In the same pan, add diced onion and little salt and saute over medium flame for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add capsicum and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Reduce the flame, add ½ tsp red chili powder and black pepper powder to this and cook for a minute. Add the tomato paste, oregano, coriander leaves and fried chicken pieces, cook for 2 – 3 minutes and remove from flame.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease a baking pan with little butter and keep it ready.
- Take the dough (this should double in size) and knead for a minute. Divide to 16 – 18 small balls. Roll it one by one to a small circle. Add little mozzarella cheese and the prepared chicken filling at the center. Cover the filling well with the sides of the circle and make to a bun shaped ball and place it in the greased pan. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Keep it covered with a damp towel for 10 minutes. Now brush the top of prepared chicken bun with egg and bake for about 30 – 3 minutes or till the top of the bun turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the baked chicken bun generously with butter. Serve immediately.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's