Views : 75894
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Boneless chicken – 500 gram, cut to bite size strips
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Paprika powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 - 4 tbsp
- Shawarma sauce – ¾ cup (recipe below)
- Pickled vegetables – ½ cup, store bought
- French fries – for filling
- Tortilla – 4 (large)
- Mozzarella cheese – ¾ - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with crushed ginger garlic, paprika powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, yogurt, lemon juice and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan over high flame and cook the chicken till done and the liquid content dries out. Remove from flame.
- Grease a cake tin and keep it ready. Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Take one tortilla, spread little shawarma sauce all over and add little cooked chicken, little pickled vegetables and french fries at the center lengthwise (as you fill it for shawarma). Wrap it tightly and cut it to 3 – 4 pieces depending on the size of the tortilla. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas (reserve the remaining shawarma sauce to serve with the sandwich).
- Place a small oven safe bowl at the center of the greased cake tin (as seen in the pic) and place the prepared sandwich all around. Top it with mozzarella cheese and coriander leaves and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or till the cheese is melt completely and cheese starts changing the colour. Remove from oven and serve hot with remaining shawarma sauce.
For the shawarma sauce
- Yogurt – 1/3 cup
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 2 big cloves, crushed well
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Combine all the above ingredients in a deep bowl and the sauce is ready.
Note : *Serves 3 – 4 people. *Here I used store bought whole wheat tortillas, any flat bread of your choice can be used instead of tortillas. *I used large tortillas (25cm diameter), so I could cut it to 4 pieces. *If using small one, use more tortillas. *Paprika powder can be substituted with red chili powder (use paprika powder itself for best results). *This is a very tasty and filling snack for Iftar.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's