Chicken Pot Pie Bites
Views : 67576
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Boneless chicken – 250 gram ( pressure cooked with 1 ½ tsp black pepper, salt and 1 ½ - 2 cup water)
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Frozen vegetables -1 ¼ cup (mixed vegetables that include carrot, green peas and sweet corn)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano - a pinch (optional)
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Chicken broth – ½ cup (the remaining liquid in which the chicken is cooked)
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Mini puff pastry squares(frozen) – 12 – 14
- Egg – 1 (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cut the cooked chicken to bite size pieces and keep it ready.
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes. To this add frozen vegetables and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes. Add black pepper powder, oregano and very little salt and combine well (the chicken broth already contain salt in it).
- Add all purpose flour to this, combine and cook for a minute, add the chicken broth and fresh cream to this stirring continuously and bring to boil.
- Add cooked chicken, reduce the flame and cook till thick and saucy, about 5 – 6 minutes. Remove from flame and let it become warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree. Grease a cupcake pan with butter, and place the thawed puff pastry sheets inside each cupcake mold. Add the prepared chicken filling generously to it.
- Brush the sides of the puff pastry and also the top of the chicken filling with egg mixture and bake it in the preheated oven for about 30 – 35 minutes, till the sides of the puff pastry turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Note : *Butter can be substituted with olive oil and all purpose flour with wheat flour. *If you cannot find frozen puff pastry sheets, homemade pastry sheets or spring roll sheets can be used. *Makes about 12 – 14 snacks. *Perfect for Iftar snack.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's