Malai Egg Masala
Views : 67857
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Hard boiled egg – 4 (cut to two halves)
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp + 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch + ½ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom – 3
- Whole black pepper – ½ tsp
- Onion – 4, sliced
- Green chili – 5, chopped
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Cashew – 3 tbsp (soaked for about 2 hours)
- Tomato – 2 (grind to make puree)
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
- Kasoori methi – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Combine together ½ tsp red chili powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and little salt with 1 tbsp water to make a paste. Marinate the halved eggs with this paste. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a deep pan, add the marinated eggs and fry on both sides for about 2 minutes. Remove the eggs from oil and keep it aside
- To the same oil add bay leaf, cardamom and whole black pepper. To this add sliced onion and little salt and saute till soft. To this, add green chili and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. Remove from flame and let it cool. To this add soaked cashew and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in the same pan, add the ground paste and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add tomato puree to this and bring to boil.
- Add 2 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and saute till oil appears. Add ¾ cup water and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook till thick.
- Add coconut milk and fried egg and cook for 2 – 3 minutes over low flame. Add kasoori methi and coriander leaves and remove form flame. Serve hot with roti or rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's