Kesar Badam Milk Peda
Views : 67817
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Almonds – ½ cup (soak for about 3 hours and remove the skin)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 1 ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Saffron – a big pinch (soaked in 1 tbsp hot milk)
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Chopped almonds and pistachios – 3 tbsp
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 4 tbsp
- Grind the soaked almond to a smooth paste adding ¼ cup of milk.
- Heat a heavy bottomed non stick pan, add ground almond, milk powder and remaining milk and combine well. Cook it over high flame till it starts to boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame, add powdered sugar, combine and cook till thick stirring continuously scraping the sides. Add saffron soaked in milk and cardamom powder and combine evenly.
- Add clarified butter/ghee and cook till the mixture start to leave the sides of the pan. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes and move to a greased pan. Spread it evenly and top it with chopped almonds and pistachios and press lightly. Leave it to set in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 hours. Cut and serve.
Note : Make sure you stir it continuously to avoid burning. Makes about 16 pieces.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's