Mini Apple Pie
Views : 59746
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
- Red apple – 2 (peeled and chopped)
- Brown sugar – 3 – 4 tbsp (according to your taste)
- Cinnamon powder – a big pinch
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour – ½ tbsp
- Mini puff pastry squares – 12 + 4 (for covering the top)
- Egg – 1 (mixed with 1 tsp water)
- Sugar – 1 tsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped apple with brown sugar, cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Cook over high flame stirring continuously.
- When apple becomes a bit soft, add all purpose flour and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, till thick. Remove from flame.
- Take a tart tin and grease it with little butter. Place one mini puff pastry square in each tart mold. Add the prepared apple filling in each puff pastry.
- Take the remaining 4 puff pastry and cut to thin strips. Cover the prepared apple pies with the thin strips pressing the sides. Brush the top of the puff pastry with egg (egg wash) and sprinkle a pinch of sugar on top of each pie.
- Preheat the oven 210 degree Celsius and bake the pies for about 20 – 25 minutes or till the puff pastries are golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and serve hot or warm.
Note : Makes 12 mini apple pies. You can use normal sugar instead of brown sugar. This can be made without tart pan too, just add the filling in the puff pastry, fold and press the sides.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's