Views : 60815
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Mascarpone cheese – 250 gram
- Sugar – 2 tbsp + 5 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Whipping cream – 1 cup (cooled)
- Boiling water – 1 ½ cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Egg yolk – 4
- Lady finger biscuit/ Savoiardi biscuits – 20 – 24 pieces
- Cocoa powder – for dusting on top
- In a bowl, combine together boiling water and coffee powder and leave it to cool to room temperature. Keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, whip the whipping cream till stiff peaks are formed.
- In another bowl, combine together mascarpone cheese, 2 tbsp sugar and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl, combine together egg yolks and 5 tbsp sugar and cook it by double boil method stirring continuously till a bit thick and creamy. Remove from the double boiler and leave it to be warm for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add this to the mascarpone cheese and combine evenly.
- Add this mixture to the whipped cream and fold till evenly combined.
- Take a dessert dish, dip the lady finger biscuit one by one in the coffee mixture and make a layer in the dish. Top it with half of the prepared cream mixture. Again make another layer with biscuits dipped in coffee and cover it with the remaining cream. Leave it to cool overnight (about 6 – 8 hours) in the refrigerator, covered. Dust the dessert with cocoa powder just before serving.
Note : *For double boiling the egg yolks, boil water in a sauce pan, place the bowl of egg yolks over the boiling water stirring continuously till creamy. *Make sure not to soak the biscuits in coffee mixture too much, just dip the biscuits and take it immediately.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's