Cheese Chicken Lasagna
Views : 69458
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the filling
- Lasagna sheets – 10 – 12(cooked as per instruction on the package)
- Chicken mince – ½ kg
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Capsicum – 1, chopped
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- Pizza sauce 9readymade or homemade) – 1 cup
- Parsley – ¼ cup + 1 tbsp for topping
- Dried basil – a pinch (optional)
- Red chili flakes – ½ tsp + a pinch for topping
- Oregano – ½ tsp + a pinch for topping
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add chicken mince, onion, capsicum and salt and cook over high flame for about 4 – 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- To this add red chili powder and black pepper powder and cook for a minute. Add pizza sauce to this and cook over low flame for about 6 – 8 minutes till thick.
- To this, add parsley, basil, red chili flakes and oregano, combine and remove from flame.
For the cheese sauce and layering
- Butter – 50 gram
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Milk – 2 ½ cup
- Cheese spread – ¼ cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese – ½ cup + 1 ½ cup for layering
- Salt – to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat butter over low flame, add all purpose flour and saute for about 30 seconds. Add black pepper powder and salt and combine well.
- Add milk little by little stirring continuously, not to form lumps. Increase the flame and bring this to boil, when it starts to become thick, add cheese spread and ½ cup mozzarella cheese, combine and remove from flame.
- Grease a baking dish with little butter, make a layer cooked lasagna sheets, spread little prepared chicken mince mixture all over and cover it with little cheese sauce, sprinkle little mozzarella cheese. Cover it with another layer of lasagna sheets and repeat the process. End it with lasagna sheet, then cheese sauce and top it generously with shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle a pinch of red chili flakes, oregano and little parsley and cover it with aluminum foil (make sure it doesn’t touch the cheese on top).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's