Layali Lubnan/ Labanese Nights
Views : 70984
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Semolina – ½ cup
- Milk – 3 ½ cup
- Condensed milk – 4 – 6 tbsp + 2 tbsp (or little less according to your taste)
- Orange blossom water – ¼ tsp
- Rose water – ¼ tsp
- Whipping cream – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Nestle cream – 1 tin
- Powdered pistachios – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- In a sauce pan, combine together semolina, milk and 4 – 6 tbsp condensed milk and cook over medium flame, stirring continuously. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook till a bit thick and creamy.
- Add orange blossom water and rose water to this, combine and remove from flame.
- Pour this immediately to a dessert dish or individual cup and spread evenly. Cool it in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- In a deep bowl, whip the whipping cream with powdered sugar till stiff and creamy. In another bowl, combine together the tinned cream and 2 tbsp condensed milk. Add this to the whipped cream and combine.
- Spread this cream mix over the cooled semolina dessert and spread smoothly. Sprinkle the powdered pistachio over the dessert and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Serve topped with little simple syrup.
- For the simple syrup, in a sauce pan, combine together sugar and water and bring to boil. Reduce the flame, add lemon juice and heat for another 4 – 5 minutes. Cool it and serve with the dessert.
Note : Orange blossom water is optional. But it gives a strong flavor to the desert.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's