Cabbage - Onion Pakora/ Pakoda
Views : 67763
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cabbage – 1 ½ cup, finely sliced
- Onion – 1, finely sliced
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Chickpea flour/ besan – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 3 – 5 tbsp
- Boiled egg – 1, cut to small pieces (optional)
- Oil – for deep frying
- In a deep bowl, combine together cabbage, onion, green chili, ginger and coriander leaves.
- To this add chickpea flour, corn flour, red chili powder and salt and combine well. Add little by little water as required and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame. Take the pieces of egg one by one (if using egg), coat it with the prepared pakora batter and fry till golden brown turning the sides occasionally. Move it to a paper towel and remove excess oil. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 12 – 15 pakoras with this recipe. Adding boiled egg optional. Make sure the oil is not too hot, else the pakoras will get browned outside and the inner portion will remain uncooked.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's