Chocolate Bread Pudding
Views : 57741
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Bread – 6 – 8 slices (remove the sides)
- Milk – 2 cup
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup + 2tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Egg – 2
- Raspberry and mint leaves - to garnish (optional)
- Take an oven safe pudding tray and place the bread slices in it to make 2 layers.
- In a sauce pan, combine together milk, condensed milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla essence and heat it over medium flame till warm. Remove from the flame.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and add it to the warm milk stirring continuously. Pour this mixture in the pudding tray all over the bread. Cool it in the refrigerator, covered, for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and bake the prepared chocolate pudding mixture for about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove the pudding from the oven. Top it with chocolate sauce and spread evenly. Serve warm or cool garnished with raspberry and mint leaves.
For the chocolate sauce
- Cooking chocolate – 50 gram
- Fresh cream – 100 ml
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 50 gram
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Combine all the above ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over low flame till thick. Pour it over the prepared bread pudding and spread evenly.
Note : This easy pudding/ dessert can also be prepared by steaming instead of baking.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's