Vermicelli Kheer/ Semiya Payasam
Views : 59982
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 liter
- Sugar – ¾ cup (little more or less according to your taste)
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – a pinch soaked in 1 tbsp hot milk (optional)
- Cashew nuts and almonds – 3 tbsp
- Raisins – 3 tbsp
- Pistachios – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Heat clarified butter/ ghee in a non stick deep pan, add the cashew nuts and almonds and fry till golden colour. Move the nuts from the pan and keep it aside. Add the raisins and fry it for few seconds. Remove from the pan.
- To the same ghee, add the vermicelli and fry till golden colour. Move it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- To the same pan, add milk and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and add the vermicelli to the boiling milk stirring continuously. Cook for about 6 – 8 minutes. Add sugar and salt and combine till the sugar melts completely. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked saffron and cardamom powder and combine. Remove from flame and add all the nuts and raisins. Serve warm or cooled.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's