Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Views : 59143
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Broccoli – ½ kg (cut to small florets)
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 cup
- Vegetable stock – 2 ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) – ½ cup – 1 cup (according to your taste)
- Salt – to taste (only if required)
- Heat butter and olive oil in a sauce pan, add onion and saute till soft. Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add all purpose flour and saute for about 30 seconds. Add black pepper powder and combine well. Pour half of the milk to this and combine till smooth. Add the remaining milk, combine well and bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame, add the broccoli florets to this and cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from the flame and let it be warm. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Pour this to the sauce pan with vegetable stock, combine well and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes. Add the fresh cream to this, combine and remove from flame. Add salt if required.
- Add mozzarella cheese to this, combine and keep it covered for about 3 – 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Note : To prepare the vegetable stock, pressure cook half of onion chopped, half of chopped carrot, 1 tsp crushed ginger garlic, 1 tsp black pepper powder and little salt with 2 ½ cup of water. Remove the cooked vegetables (strain it with a colander) and use only the vegetable stock for the soup.
Salt is already added to the vegetable stock, so add salt at the end if required.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's