Layered Crepes With Sweet Filling/ Sweet Chattipathiri
Views : 49849
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour/ maida - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Water – 1 cup (little more or less to make a smooth thin batter)
- Salt - to taste
- Mix together the above ingredients to make a smooth batter adding enough water. Whisk till smooth.
- Heat a small non - stick pan, pour very little batter to it and spread evenly in the pan to get circle shape. Remove the crepes from the pan when just done. Repeat the process till all are done. Makes about 5 – 6 crepes.
- Egg – 5
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp
- Golden raisins – 3 tbsp
- Coconut – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Clarified butter / ghee – 2 tbsp
- In a deep bowl, combine together egg and sugar and combine well. Keep it ready.
- Heat a non stick pan, add cashew nuts and fry till light golden brown. Immediately add the raisins and fry for few seconds. To this add coconut and cardamom powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg – sugar mixture and cook stirring continuously, till completely cooked over medium flame. Remove from flame.
- Egg – 3
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 2 tbsp
- Mix egg, milk and sugar in a bowl. This is for dipping the crepes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep pan, put it on low flame. Take a crepe, dip it in the egg mixture and put it in the pan.
- Now spread little prepared sweet egg filling, leaving the sides (sides has to be sealed properly). Again dip a crepe in the egg mixture and put it over the sweet egg filling. Again the filling. Repeat the process till all are done. On the top most layer should be the crepe.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over and at the sides of the layered crepes and cook it covered over low flame for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat another pan over low flame, add the remaining 1 tbsp ghee. Invert the prepared layered crepes to this pan (so that the other side also will get done properly) and cook for another 5 – 6 minutes. Remove from flame and serve hot or warm.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's