Kadala Parippu Pola/ Channa Dal Cake
Views : 74533
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Split Bengal gram/ channa daal/ kadala parippu – ¼ cup (soak in water for 3 – 4 hours)
- Egg – 4
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 5 – 6 tbsp
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp
- Chopped pistachios – to garnish
- Pressure cook the soaked channa daal with enough water and little salt till cooked well. Drain the excess water and move the cooked daal to a blender.
- To this add egg, milk, sugar, milk powder and cardamom powder and blend well.
- Heat a small non stick pot pan over very low flame, add ghee to it and spread all over. Pour the blended mixture to this and cook covered till done, for about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from flame and let it cool to room temperature. Carefully invert it to a serving plate and top it with chopped pistachios. Serve.
Note : Make sure that you cook it over very low flame, else the bottom part will burn.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's