Kunafa With Cheese (Arabic Sweet)
Views : 49434
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Kunafa dough – 300 gram
- Unsalted butter – 100 gram (melted)
- Thick cream – 250 ml
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 200 gram
- Sugar Syrup – (recipe given below)
- Pistachios – 3 tbsp (powdered)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease a round cake tin with little butter and keep it ready.
- Shred the Kunafa dough with your hands. Add melted butter to this and combine evenly. Move half this to the greased cake tin and spread all over including the sides of the cake tin and press lightly with your hands.
- Add half of the thick cream over this and spread all over. Add the mozzarella cheese over it and again top it with the remaining thick cream.
- Cover it with the remaining Kunafa dough and again press lightly to set it evenly. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 – 45 minutes, or till the top portion turns golden colour. Remove from the oven.
- Pour the syrup all over the baked Kunafa (reserve ¼ cup to pour after inverting the Kunafa to a plate) and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Invert it to a plate and pour the remaining syrup over it. Top it with powdered pistachios. Serve hot, warm or cooled.
For the sugar syrup
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Sugar - 2 ½ cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Rose water - 2 tsp
- Orange blossom water – 1 tsp
- In a sauce pan, combine together water sugar and lemon juice and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and heat it for another 6 – 8 minutes. Remove from the flame and add rose water and orange blossom water. Leave it to cool to room temperature. Pour this over the baked Kunafa.
Note : You can add orange food colour if you need a nice colour for the Kunafa (I didn't add any food colour). If you want to use food color, mix it with melted butter and pour it to the shredded Kunafa. If you cannot find, thick cream, you can use either nestle cream or fresh cream (make sure the fresh cream is not too thin in texture). You can keep this for about 4 – 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure you keep it covered. If you want to have it warm, heat the cooled Kunafa for about 30 seconds in microwave before serving.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's