Mac And Cheese With Chicken And Broccoli
Views : 66769
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Macaroni – 300 gram
- Boneless chicken – 350 gram (cut to small bite size pieces)
- Broccoli florets – 3 cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp + 1 ½ tsp
- Butter (salted or unsalted) – 5 tbsp
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped finely
- All purpose flour/ maida – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 300 ml
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) – ½ cup + 1 cup
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cook macaroni as per instruction on the package and keep it ready.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chicken pieces with 1 tsp black pepper powder and little salt and saute till chicken is cooked completely. Keep it aside.
- Heat a sauce pan over low flame, add butter and let it melt completely. Add chopped onion and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes. Add chopped garlic to this and saute for few seconds. Add all purpose flour and saute for a minute. Add milk to this little by little stirring continuously and combine well without forming lumps.
- Add 1 ½ tsp black pepper powder and little salt cook for 3 – 4 minutes till thick. Add broccoli florets to this and cook for about 6 – 8 minutes. Now add cooked chicken, combine and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove this from flame, add the cooked macaroni and ½ cup mozzarella cheese and combine evenly. Move this macaroni to a greased baking tray and spread evenly. Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining cheese over the macaroni and bake it for about 20 – 25 minutes in a preheated oven @180 degree Celsius. Serve hot.
Note : If you don't want to bake this, you can serve it after mixing macaroni and cheese with the white sauce and chicken mix. You can use any other veggies of your choice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's