Chicken Bread Pockets
Views : 58924
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Boneless chicken – 200 gram
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cabbage – ½ cup, chopped
- Carrot – ¼ cup, grated
- Cucumber – ¼ cup, chopped
- Capsicum – 3 tbsp , finely chopped (I used red and green capsicum)
- Black olives – 3 – 4, chopped
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Bread slices – 8 – 10
- Egg whites – 3
- Bread crumbs – ¾ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces just till done. Remove the fried chicken from the pan and leave it to cool. Cut it to small pieces.
- In a deep bowl, combine together cabbage, carrot, cucumber, capsicum and olives and fried chicken pieces. To this add black pepper powder and salt and combine.
- In another bowl, combine together mayonnaise, yogurt, crushed garlic and lemon juice and mix. Add this to the chicken – veggie mix and combine evenly. Keep it aside.
- Take 2 bread slices, with a circle cookie cutter or a lid cut the bread to circle together (on cutting like this, the two bread circles will get stuck together). Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices.
- Dip the bread circles one by one in egg white and coat it nicely with bread crumbs.
- Heat little oil (about 1 tbsp for two set of bread circles) in a non stick pan and shallow fry the bread circles till crisp, turning the sides occasionally. (You can also deep fry it instead of shallow frying.)
- 7. Cut these bread circles to two halves and open to make pockets. Fill it with the prepared chicken filling and serve immediately.
Note : You can also use brown bread to make it healthy. Makes about 8 – 10 bread pockets.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's