Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Views : 66045
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cauliflower – 1 small (cut to florets)
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup + 1 ½ cup
- Butter (salted or unsalted) – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small
- All purpose flour/ maida – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Vegetable stock – 2 cup (recipe given below)
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Spring onion – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and saute for few seconds. Add the cauliflower florets to this and cook for about 10 – 12 minutes over low flame. Remove from flame and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Grind it to a fine paste adding half cup of milk.
- Heat butter in another pan, add chopped onion and saute till soft. Add chopped 2 tsp garlic and saute for few seconds. Add all purpose flour and saute for a minute over low flame.
- Add 1 ½ cup milk to this little by little stirring continuously (make sure it doesn’t form lumps). Add black pepper powder and salt to this and bring to boil.to this add vegetable stock, combine well and let it boil.
- Add the ground cauliflower and cook till thick. Add finely chopped carrot, spring onion and parmesan cheese and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from flame and serve hot.
Note : To prepare the vegetable stock, pressure cook half of onion chopped, half of chopped carrot, 1 tsp crushed ginger garlic, 1 tsp black pepper powder and little salt with 2 ¼ cup of water. Remove the cooked vegetables (strain it with a colander) and use only the vegetable stock for the soup.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's