Creamy Chicken Samosa
Views : 60067
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Boneless chicken – 200 gram, cut to pieces (cook with 1 tsp pepper, little salt and water)
- Onion – 1 big, chopped
- Green chili – 3, chopped finely
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped finely
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ tbsp + 3 tbsp (for sealing the samosa)
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 ½ tbsp, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Butter (salted or unsalted) – 3 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Samosa sheets/ samosa patties – 14 – 16
- Pulse the cooked chicken in a grinder, just to crush it to small pieces (or shred it with your hand). Keep it ready.
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped onion and cook till soft. Add chopped green chili and garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add black pepper powder and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- To this add 1 ½ tbsp. all purpose flour and saute for about 30 seconds. Pour little milk to this stirring continuously (make sure it doesn’t form lumps). Now pour the remaining milk, combine well and bring to boil stirring continuously.
- Add cooked chicken and coriander leaves to this and cook till thick. Remove from flame and let it cool for some time at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine 3 tbsp all purpose flour with little water to make a medium thick paste (this is used for sealing the samosa).
- Take the samosa sheet one by one, add the filling, fold and seal with the help of the all purpose flour paste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the samosas in batches till golden turning the sides occasionally.
Note : Makes about 14 – 16 samosas. Homemade samosa sheets can also be used instead of store bought one. These can be frozen for later use after doing the filling. Make sure to keep it without touching each other. This Creamy Chicken Samosa is perfect for Iftaar snack during Ramadan.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's