Capsicum Paneer Masala
Views : 58949
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Paneer/ cottage cheese – 300 gram
- Capsicum – 3 (green, red, yellow)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – ¾ tsp
- Onion – 3, chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp, crushed
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
- Tomato – 3 (grind it to puree)
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the chopped capsicum and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes over high flame. Remove the capsicum from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add cumin seeds and coriander seeds and let it splutter. To this add chopped onion, crushed ginger and salt and saute till soft. Remove from the flame and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Grind it to fine paste with the soaked cashews. Keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the ground onion paste and tomato puree, combine and bring to boil. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute till oil appears on the top.
- Add ½ cup water and bring to boil. Add paneer and sautéed capsicum and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Add kasoori methi and fresh cream, combine and remove from flame. Serve hot with chapathi or naan.
Note : Add little more water if the gravy is too thick.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's