Apple Milk Peda/ Indian Apple Milk Fudge
Views : 49715
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Saffron – a pinch (soaked in 1 tbsp hot milk)
- Unsalted butter – 50 gram
- Cloves – 16 – 18
- Red food colour – a drop (mixed in ½ tsp water)
- Silver leaf/ silver waraq – 1 (optional)
- Pistachios (slivered) – 1 tsp (to garnish)
- In a non stick pan, combine together milk powder, condensed milk and milk till creamy without forming lumps. Heat this mixture over low flame and bring to boil stirring continuously, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Add cardamom powder and soaked saffron milk to this and combine evenly. Cook till the mixture is thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add butter to this and combine. Cook over low flame till it leaves the sides of the pan nicely. Move it to a greased plate and let it become warm, for about 6 – 8 minutes. Knead it to a smooth dough.
- Make about 16 – 18 smooth balls out of this and make a small dent at the center of each ball. Press lightly a clove at the dent of each ball.
- Take a clean painting brush and paint the pedas with the red food colour mixture. Garnish with silver leaf and pistachio slivers. Serve cooled.
Note : Makes about 16 – 18 Apple Milk Pedas. Make it to smooth ball and paint with red food colour when still warm.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's