Chocolate Banana Cake
Views : 56468
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Over ripe banana – 1 (mashed)
- Egg – 2
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter – 75 gram
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Cooking chocolate – 75 gram (chopped)
- Chocolate chips – 3 tbsp
- Walnuts and cashews (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease a loaf pan with butter and dust it with flour or cocoa powder. Keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, combine together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine together ripe banana, egg and vanilla essence.
- Heat a non stick pan over low flame, add butter and powdered sugar and mix till well combined. Remove from flame, add the cooking chocolate and combine slowly till the chocolate is melted completely.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg – banana mixture and combine well. Add the flour mixture to this little by little and combine evenly. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (reserve little to garnish).
- Pour this mixture to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips and nuts on top. Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or till the cake is done (check by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done). Remove from the oven and leave it to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Move it to a wire rack and cool it completely. Serve.
Note : Robusta banana is used here .
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's