Broccoli And Potato Soup
Views : 60086
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Potato – 2, peeled and diced
- Broccoli – 2 ½ cup, cut to florets
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 ½ cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 – 1 ½ tsp
- Vegetable stock – 2 cup (recipe given below)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – ¾ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Spring onion – to garnish (optional)
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped garlic and onion and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes over low flame.
- Add all purpose flour and saute for about 45 seconds. Add milk to this little by little stirring continuously (combine well or it will form lumps). To this add black pepper powder and bring to boil (add very little salt at the end only if required as the vegetable stock contain salt).
- Add the vegetable stock and diced potatoes, reduce the flame and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes (add little water to the soup and bring to boil, if it is too thick). Remove from flame, add mozzarella cheese to this and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Serve hot garnished with spring onion.
Note : To prepare the vegetable stock, pressure cook half of onion chopped, half of chopped carrot, 1 tsp crushed ginger garlic, 1 tsp black pepper powder and little salt with 2 ¼ cup of water. Remove the cooked vegetables (strain it with a colander) and use only the vegetable stock for the soup.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's